Bob Wheeler House, George Holmes Business Park
George Holmes Way, Swadlincote, Derbyshire, DE11 9DF
Swadlincote Innovation Centre offers entrepreneurs the chance to accelerate the growth of their business. A package of assistance is available to help you turn your business idea into a successful enterprise, and to support it through the early stages of growth.
The Centre is located just off the A444 in Swadlincote, a short walk from the town centre, on a main bus route, with local facilities in close proximity. Here you can locate with like-minded entrepreneurs. Serviced offices with shared facilities are available on flexible terms in a supported environment, which will give your business every chance of success.
- access to impartial, confidential, business advice
- signposting to specialist advice, support and training, including Government programmes, universities and other agencies
- guidance on applying for grants and loans available to new start and growing businesses
- quarterly progress review with a Business Adviser
Premises and facilities:
- modern 2-3 person unfurnished office suites, ranging from 11 – 22 sqm (118 – 236 sqft)
- bookable meeting room with boardroom-style facilities, including built-in large screen
- free on-site car parking for staff and visitors, including one allocated space per office
- shared kitchen and toilets
- 24/7 access
- an all-inclusive monthly bill that includes all of the above plus heating, lighting, electricity, water, buildings insurance and weekly cleaning of shared areas
- Business rates are not included but the office suites are normally eligible for Small Business Rate Relief
- typical three-year lease with a right to terminate at any time giving three months’ notice should you wish to vacate; Grow on units are available onsite and on other sites in close proximity
- deposit of one months’ rent in advance
- flexibility to make your own arrangements with telephone and broadband providers
- monthly costs vary with office size, ranging from £250 – £375 per month (excluding VAT)
Suite 1 – Ground Floor; 2.7m x 4m; Net area 11.25m2; Rent £234 per calendar month; Lease is max 3 years but with an opportunity to leave (2 way break clauses) every 3 months
Suite 2 – First Floor; 4.2m x 3.1m; Net area 13.02m2; Rent £274 per calendar month; Lease is max 3 years but with an opportunity to leave (2 way break clauses) every 3 months
Suite 3 – First Floor, suitable for 2 plus desks; 3.95m x 4.35m; Net area 17.18m2; Rent £394 per calendar month; Lease is max 3 years but with an opportunity to leave (2 way break clauses) every 3 months
Suite 4 – First Floor, suitable for 2 plus desks plus either store or equipment; 2.24m x 8.95m; Net area 22m2; Rent £417 per calendar month; Lease is max 3 years but with an opportunity to leave (2 way break clauses) every 3 months
- new start businesses within their first year of activity or homebased businesses that have not previously had commercial premises
- business plan and cashflow forecast for the first 12 months available
- independent businesses undertaking ‘clean’ office-based activities
- maximum of one office per business; Businesses with multiple premises are not eligible
For further information, to register your interest, and to book a viewing, contact: email@example.com
Swadlincote Innovation Centre is owned and operated by South Derbyshire District Council.
Business advice is provided by the South Derbyshire Business Advice Service
(funded by South Derbyshire District Council).