Start Up Scheme
Whether you are self-employed, a small business or a young entrepreneur, we would love to hear from you!
Our Start Up Scheme provides a platform for creating new market traders. It gives individuals and businesses who have not previously traded on a market, the opportunity to test the market with their products.
The National Market Traders Federation have created a great Start Up guide for anyone thinking of becoming a market trader. The guide is full of useful advice and information and you can view it for free via this link: Spring into Markets.
What you can expect:
- Start Up Scheme includes your 1st market for free plus a period of reduced rent
- A ‘Swadlincote Market’ commercial grade, gazebo, including the canopy (and sides if required)
- Special ‘Start Up Scheme’ signage
- A table(s) for display purposes
- Free trade waste collection service
- Free parking
- Advice and guidance from the Market Manager, Simon Wardle
- Promotion through the Swadlincote Market Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SwadlincoteMarkets/
- Access to the free South Derbyshire Business Advice Service, to help you establish and grow your business
* Start Up Scheme is only available to new traders; it does not include existing market traders